5 Interior Design Lighting Tips
Every room in the house can benefit from the application of a few interior design tips. By arranging subtle lighting in a room, it can become more functional while providing the right ambience.
If you’re wanting to design your dream house, then you need to be aware of the different kinds of lighting - mainly natural and artificial lighting.
1. Natural Light
Daylight is an important consideration when designing your room as there may be a need for window treatments such as blinds or curtains to control the light.
2. Consider Using All Types of Lighting
Think about the three main types of lighting fixtures:
• Ceiling-mounted fixtures - such as chandeliers, recessed can lights, track lights, and pendant lights
• Portable - like table lamps, torchieres, and floor lamps
• Wall-mounted fixtures - such as sconces and cove lights
3. Impact the Mood
Lighting plays a major part in the mood and usefulness of a room. You need to consider three all three levels of illumination:
• Accent lighting - These lights are mostly for a dramatic touch, such as uplights or spotlights that highlight art pieces and leafy plants.
• General ambient lighting - A room's main light comes from recessed lights, chandeliers, floor lamps, or other ceiling fixtures.
• Task lighting - Targeted for reading or working includes table lamps and under cabinet lights for the kitchen.
4. Dimmer Switches
Dimmer switches are an inexpensive way of adding versatility to any light fixture, allowing you to fine-tune the brightness and the atmosphere in the room.
5. Create a Clean Look
Recessed can lights are a great solution for almost every room. One reason is that these fixtures are low-profile and become integrated into the ceiling for a clean look. Also, if your attic space permits, recessed lights can be added anywhere for full room coverage.
If you need a lighting design service for your dream home, then visit us today.